I’m going to run through some examples of good social media conversation starters. Friendly tip… not all topics need to be related to your business or service. This is about getting to know your customers. This is also an opportunity to share your own personality more with them, so don’t forget to answer your own questions to get the conversation rolling.
Topics and questions:
- What is something you wish you were better at?
- If you could travel to the future or the past, what would you pick and why?
- What’s your secret talent?
- Are you a minimalist or a collector of shiny objects?
- What’s your idea of a perfect day
- What are you looking forward to the most this week/month/year?
- What three things can you not live without?
- What’s your opinion on (article/discussion related to your customers’ interests)
- If you could choose only one season to live in, which would it be and why?
- What advice would you give your younger self?
You can personalize these questions a bit more, and tweak them to be a bit more specific, especially if you have a better idea of what your audience responds to.
Make sure you’re not just asking random questions just for likes and shares, but to engage with the people who answer. You should be replying to answers, asking further questions, and continuing the conversation. Your audience will feel listened to and will be more inclined to engage with the next post they see from your brand.
Check Out Our Social Media Management Service
Social networks are part of our life now and you and your business need to have an account to connect to your customer and followers. I can help you reach your goals in social media.