Hiring an SEO expert can be really confusing
To many business owners, it is overly technical, and most of the time, they just want to know if you can help them. We are going to share some of the green lights and red flags to look out for when you’re hiring an SEO expert.
Green lights (aka: things that you should look for…)
- Experience – It’s all too easy for somebody to label themselves as an SEO expert, when really they’ve only been in the business for a few months. Make sure to check how long they’ve been doing SEO.
- Testimonials – This speaks for itself. If the person or agency you are hiring has glowing reviews, you can feel more confident in working with them. See how they respond to reviews too.
- Knowledge – A true SEO expert will have a much better grasp on what needs to be done to get you more traffic, and will explain it to you in a jargon-free manner.
- Interest – An SEO expert will have the experience to approach the work as a multi-faceted goal. They will likely ask you many questions you might not have initially thought relevant. This is a good thing.
- Cheap rates – Many of my clients have received emails from various international companies or individuals reaching out for SEO help, ie. “Get your site ranking #1 on Google for $99”. Run. Quickly. When it comes to SEO, you truly get what you pay for. Do not be tempted by rock bottom fees.
- Empty promises – If an SEO expert guarantees success in a very short amount of time, you should very carefully consider if you want to work with them. SEO takes time. Don’t be tempted by guaranteed rankings.
- Hiding their process – If they keep much of their process behind a curtain, only giving you the bare minimum, it’s unlikely they will give your project the care and time it deserves.
- Bad communication – Do you feel reassured when you talk to them, or are they expecting you to trust them with no proof? How do they respond to negative feedback, or pressing questions? If they’re never willing to give you a straight answer, or they disappear at crucial times, avoid them!
SEO Service For Your Website
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) helps your website to show up in search engines so your customers can find you easily. We can help you along your SEO journey. Truly, that’s what it is, a journey. It is never completed and it is never done. Not what you wanted to hear, but it’s the truth.